They’re back! The Section 8 administrative staff returns to Baltimore REIA to give you the inside story on the Housing Choice Voucher Program (known as Section 8) and how you can tap into the system.
Imagine having guaranteed rent payments wired to your bank account at the beginning of every month. Join us for:
- An overview of the Section 8 program, including how the program is expected to evolve — reason enough to attend!
- Why a landlord should consider renting to a Section 8 voucher holder
- How to market your properties to attract voucher holders
- How the leasing process works
- Section 8 rents vs. market rents, plus the tenant and Housing Authority rent portions
- Explanation of required bedroom sizes and other details
- What’s expected at initial and annual inspections
- Landlord and tenant responsibilities
- How to track your account and payments online
- Common pitfalls and how to avoid or overcome them
Get all the info straight from Section 8 officials who run the program. The panel includes:
- Nicholas Calace, Associate Deputy Director
- Corliss Alston, Managing Director
- Arline Ramsey, Administrator for Integrity
- Shannon Peterson, Administrator for Inspections
- Norman Young, Acting Administrator for Operations
- David Harper, Leasing/Contracting Manager
Everything you need to know about Section 8… where it is today and where it’s going tomorrow… with program staff to share their knowledge and answer your questions… who else but Baltimore REIA brings you all that? Don’t miss this meeting!
Like all of our Main Events, this one is
FREE for Baltimore REIA members.
Guests pay just $19. You can pay at the door, or better still, sign up online and lock in your place.
You’ll enjoy savings on our meetings and events all year long… vendor discounts including a 2% rebate from Home Depot… and a FREE Goody Bag with $197 worth of DVDs from our own experts.
Everyone is welcome at Baltimore REIA, and every Main Event starts with our Newbie Meet & Greet
New to Baltimore REIA? New to investing? Join us from 6:30 to 7:00 for our Newbie Meet & Greet. Learn more about the club and feel free to ask any question about real estate investing. We’re an association of investors, for investors. In other words, we’re here for you.
Come and get the networking and real-world education you need to build wealth. Bring your business cards — you may find a deal right at this meeting!
Our Main Event is 6:30 p.m. on the third Thursday of each month at the Sheraton Baltimore North, 903 Dulaney Valley Rd., Towson, MD 21386.
You’ll enjoy our great meeting place with plenty of parking and a special discount for all of our meeting attendees.
When you enter the garage you’ll receive a ticket. Take it to the front desk, pay just $2, and they’ll validate your ticket.