Sunday, November 2, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.,
at 1133 Greenwood Rd. in Pikesville (21208).
Limited seating — reserve your place now.
Now he’s added moves you can make to lower
your 2014 taxes immediately…
than you have to, sign up for this class!
have to say about his class.
Want to minimize taxes and keep more of your hard-earned money? While protecting your assets from liability? That’s what this new class from CPA Jeff Cohen is all about.
The majority of Jeff’s clients are real estate investors, so he knows the business. Jeff created this class to share with you the knowledge he has accumulated over years of serving those clients. You’ll learn:
- What type of entity is best for your business. Limited liability company (LLC), S-corporation, C-corporation, land trust, statutory trust, self-directed IRA, or yourself personally. It depends on your real estate investing strategy, and the implications for your taxes and liabilities are enormous.
- How to set up and operate the entity. Articles of incorporation, bylaws, bank account, operating agreement — you must run your business like a business. Jeff will dive deep to give you the details.
- The tax differences when you’re a landlord vs. a rehabber. Basis in property… passive vs. non-passive… “real estate professional” defined… disposition of real estate… capital gain vs. ordinary… you must know this stuff!
- All about retirement plans and real estate. Smart ways to handle inherited property, too.
- The basics on basis… settlement sheets… improvements and demolition… depreciation… tangible personal property… more.
- Rules for partnerships… the 7 tests for general partners… participation rules… what limited partners cannot do.
- Rental rules… passive vs. non-passive… vacation homes… material participation.
- Year-end tips. How to bunch expenses… retirement contributions… credit card purchases… tax projections.
- Types of property disposition… sale… exchange (1031)… condemnation… conversion to personal use… installment sale.
- Answers to frequently asked questions… on 1099s… paying children… compensation issues… contractor deductions… accounting and QuickBooks.
- Additional import issues… shifting income using trusts… tax credits… donations to charity… employee vs. independent contractor… selling contracts (wholesaling and bird-dogging).
- Implications for the current year... cash vs accrual… profit or loss… higher or lower revenue or expenses than last year…tax bracket changes.
If you want to keep more of what you earn, this class is a must!
Jeff Cohen, CPA, MST, and partner with Katz & Luxenburg, has nearly 20 years of public accounting experience and a Masters in Taxation from the University of Baltimore. He is a member of the Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, and serves on the board of several local charitable organizations. Jeff has developed a niche in the real estate industry, and his clients range from new investors to one of Baltimore’s largest landlords.
Sign up now and save $100!
Baltimore REIA Members save an additional $50!
Your tuition includes a FREE lunch.
Your payment options include PayPal Credit, for no payments and no interest if paid in full within 6 months. Check it out when you place your order.
Not a member of Baltimore REIA? Join us to save on this class and all of our meetings, enjoy vendor discounts, and get a FREE Goody Bag with $197 worth of DVDs. Join Baltimore REIA now.
Another reason to sign up now:
our 100% money-back guarantee.
This full-day class is from 9:00 to 4:00. Join us for the morning, stay until noon, and if you decide the class isn’t worth every penny, simply leave the handouts with us and get a full refund with no hassle.
Your risk is zero!
Questions about this class? Contact your presenter:
Jeff Cohen: firstname.lastname@example.org
The choice is yours.