Watch for our next meeting on May 22.
Hereâ€™s what attendees enjoyed at our previous meetingâ€¦
Do you know your rights under landlord/tenant law — and know how to preserve them? Get help at our next…
Special presentation by Kathy Bisasky of Baltimore Neighborhoods, Inc.
Join us at the Best Western Plus Hotel & Conference Center on Monday, April 24, from 6:30 to 9:00 p.m.
Just $25 for Baltimore REIA members and $44 for non-members. Includes dinner!
You don’t want to be on the wrong side of the law when it comes to legal issues with your tenants. Better attend our next landlord meeting!
Kathy Bisasky of Baltimore Neighborhoods, Inc., will share knowledge she has gained while working with an organization that fields thousand of phone calls a year about landlord/tenant issues. She’ll address:
- The key laws you must understand. Evictions, security deposits, escrows, and more.
- For Rent ads. What language you may use — or may not use — according to the Fair Housing laws.
- Landlord’s right of entry. Are you allowed to enter the property to perform an inspection if the tenant isn’t home?
- Your rights regarding repairs. When the tenant won’t let in a contractor in to fix something, what can you do?
- Securing abandoned property. When an eviction is pending and the tenant abandons the property, how can you secure it without being accused of stealing the big-screen TV that was left behind?
- Whatever else you want to know. Bring your questions and get the answers.
About your presenter. Kathy Bisasky is the Tenant-Landlord Program Manager for Baltimore Neighborhoods, Inc. (BNI), a nonprofit organization in Maryland. For over 11 years she has worked at BNI to provide information via the Tenant-Landlord Hotline, which serves up to 20,000 callers a year.
Don’t miss this opportunity to hear a local expert on issues that can have a big impact on your bottom line!
Sign up now for the Strategies Landlording meeting. The price includes your meal.
NOT A MEMBER? Join Baltimore REIA now. You’ll pay the lower price to attend this meeting, save on our other meetings, save on classes, and get vendor discounts including a 2% rebate from Home Depot. Plus a FREE bonus: a welcome kit with $197 worth of exclusive DVDs from the experts at Baltimore REIA.
About the Strategies Landlording meeting
We created this meeting for current and future buy-and-hold investors, because passive cashflow is the road to financial freedom.
DATE AND AGENDA. We meet from 6:30 to 9:00 p.m. on the fourth Monday of the month. We network until 7:00, then have a presentation or discussion for the rest of the evening.
LOCATION. Best Western Plus Hotel & Conference Center, 5625 O’Donnell St., Baltimore, MD 21224. Just off I-95, near the Travel Plaza.
QUESTIONS? Contact our meeting moderator:
Michelle Yang — Michelle@BaltimoreREIA.com
See you at the Strategies Landlording meeting!
P.S. Want even more education from Baltimore REIA? Plus one-on-one, personal help to boost your success? Check out our better-than-ever Inner Circle program.