You earn your money.
Now keep more of it!
“Smart Tax Strategies”
Your Instructor: Jeff Cohen, a local CPA who specializes in working with real estate investors.
Sunday, January 29, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., at 1133 Greenwood Rd. in Pikesville (21208).
FREE BONUS! Jeff will review your 2015 tax return. He may discover hundreds, even thousands of dollars in refunds due to you, plus ways you can save on this yearâ€™s taxes.
Want to minimize taxes and keep more of your hard-earned money? While protecting your assets from liability? That’s what this new class from CPA Jeff Cohen is all about.
The majority of Jeff’s clients are real estate investors, so he knows the business. Jeff created this class to share with you the knowledge he has accumulated over years of serving those clients. You’ll learn:
- What type of entity is best for your business. Limited liability company (LLC), S-corporation, C-corporation, land trust, statutory trust, self-directed IRA, or yourself personally. It depends on your real estate investing strategy, and the implications for your taxes and liabilities are enormous.
- How to set up and operate the entity. Articles of incorporation, bylaws, bank account, operating agreement — you must run your business like a business. Jeff will dive deep to give you the details.
- The tax differences when you’re a landlord vs. a rehabber. Basis in property… passive vs. non-passive… “real estate professional” defined… disposition of real estate… capital gain vs. ordinary… you must know this stuff!
- All about retirement plans and real estate. Smart ways to handle inherited property, too.
- The basics on basis… settlement sheets… improvements and demolition… depreciation… tangible personal property… more.
- Rules for partnerships… the 7 tests for general partners… participation rules… what limited partners cannot do.
- Rental rules… passive vs. non-passive… vacation homes… material participation.
- Year-end tips. How to bunch expenses… retirement contributions… credit card purchases… tax projections.
- Types of property disposition… sale… exchange (1031)… condemnation… conversion to personal use… installment sale.
- Answers to frequently asked questions… on 1099s… paying children… compensation issues… contractor deductions… accounting and QuickBooks.
- Additional import issues… shifting income using trusts… tax credits… donations to charity… employee vs. independent contractor… selling contracts (wholesaling and bird-dogging).
- Implications for the current year… cash vs accrual… profit or loss… higher or lower revenue or expenses than last year…tax bracket changes.
If you want to keep more of what you earn, this class is a must!
FREE BONUS: Jeff will review your 2015 tax return, He may discover hundreds, even thousands of dollars in refunds due to you, plus ways you can save on this year’s taxes.
ANOTHER REASON TO ACT: This class won’t be offered again for another six months. Lock in your place now!
About your instructor:
Jeff Cohen, CPA, MST, has over 20 years of public accounting experience and a Masters in Taxation from the University of Baltimore. He’s a member of the Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants and is on their Nonprofit Tax Committee. He also serves on the board of several local charitable organizations. He’s now with Katz|Cohen, LLC.
Limited seatingâ€”sign up now!
Spouses and life partners attend at no extra charge.
If you took this class before, take it again for half-price!
Your tuition includes a FREE lunch.
Please note: $1 test-drivers are not eligible for member pricing on classes.
Special value for those who want to take the class again:
Not a member of Baltimore REIA? Join us to save on this class and all of our meetings, enjoy vendor discounts, and get a FREE welcome kit with $197 worth of DVDs. Join Baltimore REIA now.
No payments and no interest if paid in full within 6 months! Use Paypal and choose Paypal Credit.
Another reason to sign up now: our 100% money-back guarantee.
This full-day class is from 9:00 to 4:00. Join us for the morning, stay until noon, and if you decide the class isn’t worth every penny, simply leave the handouts with us and get a full refund with no hassle. Your risk is zero!
Questions about this class? Contact your presenter:
Jeff Cohen: email@example.com , 410-480-4900